Yes.... I am ready to meet her, see her little face, count her fingers and toes, hear her voice, see she and David start their daddy-daughter relationship, and ready to not be pregnant any more. I say that last one lightly because I in no way want to wish away this special time that just she and I have right now or diminish the fact that I am blessed to have conceive her and have carried her this long. I have not had any complications but I know there are many women out there who go to bed every night praying to get pregnant and mom's who meet their babies way to early in their pregnancy. So thank you God for the last 8.5 months!
No.... Oh my where does my list start! I was thinking the other day that I had most of it done but I keep thinking of more and more things that I need to do! AAAH! Thankfully (and hopefully) I have 5-6 more weeks to go to get things finished.
Here is my list. I am putting it here so that those you of who are already moms can help me add to it, if needed.
- Put Car Seat bases in each car
- Pick out Birth Announcement
- Register at Hospital
- Put together swing
- Put together Rock n' Play
- Finish Thank You notes
- Wash bottles
- Wash pump accessories
- Finish washing her clothes
- Sign up for as much auto bill pay as possible
- Purchase feminine products for post-partum recovery to have at home
- Go to Costco to stock up on detergent/paper towels/toilet paper so I wont have to go soon after she is born
- Pack hospital bags (see below)
- Exchange a few items at Target and Babys R' Us.
MY Hospital Bag:
- hospital gown
- flip flops/slippers
- Toiletries (toothbrush/toothpaste, brush, hair ties, deo, shampoo/conditioner, soap, face wash, lotion, straightener)
- going home outfit (i.e. maxi dress)
- comfy clothes to wear while there (yoga pants/nursing tank tops/pjs)
- nursing bras
- extra underwear
ELEANOR'S Hospital bag:
- Diaper bag for ride home
- Car Seat
- going home outfit
- 2-3 onsies
- swaddle blankets
DAVID'S Hospital bag:
- phone chargers
- camera and charger
- video camera and charger
- extension cord for phone charger
- pillows with colorful pillow cases/
- blanket for David
- boppy pillow
- notepad and pens
- treats for the nurses
So what I am missing?
What do I not need?
Recommendations are welcomed and needed!